Submissions for halloween project 2019 now open!
Calling on all writers to submit their fictional short horror stories and true paranormal stories for two books to be released on Halloween 2019.
Word count should be between 1000 and 7500 words. Don't sweat it if you are under or over. Your submission will still be considered.
Submit your best short horror story or true paranormal story. See "NOTE" below as to what we do not accept as submitted materials.
How to Submit
If your story is selected, your name will be credited and you will receive a free copy of the book that is being released.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Submit your story via email to email@example.com with the subject line "Halloween 2019 Submission" and copy and paste your story right into the body of the email. Include your name, pen name (if you have), age, province, word count, and if it is a short story or a true story at the beginning of the email.
Manuscript Submission Guidelines
We are currently accepting submissions from Canadian writers only. We hope to expand in the future. Stay tuned for updates or subscribe to our notifications via e-mail to keep up to date with all the exciting news we have to share.
Is your manuscript polished and ready for submission? First of all, we would like to thank you for your interest in Iron Lynx Publications. Secondly, please carefully review the below submission guidelines. Your manuscript may not be reviewed if guidelines are not met.
We are currently seeking any genre in fiction. Non-fiction will be considered. Guidelines below are mainly focused on fiction submissions.
Please include the following with your submission:
- Must contain legal name, pen name (if you have one, if you don't it's not a big deal), name of your work of art (novel title), word count, genre, and who you're writing for (ex. teens, young adults, etc.).
- What your novel is about.
- What makes your novel great.
- Include your main character(s), outline, and ending in less than 1,500 words.
- First 10,000 words of your manuscript
- Manuscript needs to be completed and include proper grammar and punctuation.
- Your work cannot infringe or violate the rights of any person, entity, or party.
- Your work cannot be previously published by any other publisher. Previously or currently self-published material is acceptable.
Email submissions must include Author Query - Title of Novel in the subject line. Copy and paste your query, synopsis, and first 10,000 words into body of email. Attachments will not be opened. If your manuscript is to include illustrations or pictures, please inform in the query and send in separate email with Illustrations or Pictures in the subject line after Title of Novel.
Email submissions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to send a paper submission, please send query, synopsis, and first 10,000 words on 8 x 11 white paper. Font should be size 12 in Times New Roman. Include author name, novel title, and page number in the header and/or footer of each page. Don't forget to include your email address to receive an email confirming your submission has been received. If you prefer to receive confirmation of receipt of manuscript by mail, include a self addressed stamped envelope. Paper manuscripts will not be returned unless requested on query. A self addressed stamped envelope for your manuscript must be included in this instance. (Proper postage is required or no reply by mail will be sent by us)
Iron Lynx Publications
PO Box 150
Please allow at least thirty days after confirmation of received manuscript for correspondence.
We do not accept submitted material that contains
- plagiarized content
- content that violates any person, entity, or party's privacy or rights
- defamatory content toward any individual, group, or entity
- content that violates any laws
- sexually explicit material
- illegal images or content (anything of this nature will be forwarded to the proper authorities)
- content that advocates any form of hate toward any individual, religion, etc.
- content that advocates illegal activities